Our mom has been working hard this autumn to master her Pumpkin Bread recipe. One by one, our decor pumpkins have been donated to the Olson bakehouse (aka: my parent's house) so that mom could roast and make (yet again) another loaf!
The other day, she sliced up a piece for me, and with a big smile beaming across her face, she said: "I've nailed it!"
"I discovered the perfect recipe and I wrote it down for you!"
My heart melted into my seat when she handed me a handwritten index card with her recipe. In that moment, I knew this was the beginning of a new tradition. It will be the recipe I pull out to make with my daughter -- and generations after.
What really makes this pumpkin bread special is how moist it is! I am not kidding when I tell you it melts in your mouth.
Fresh roasted pumpkin... with the perfect blend of spices... mixed with only the best, smooth and delicious coconut oil. YUM!
*To make fresh pumpkin purée. Wash whole pumpkin. Cut off stem. Cut pumpkin in half. Scoop out pumpkin seeds. Cut slices of pumpkin. Put slices in baking pan with about 1/2 inch of water. Cover pan with lid or aluminum foil. Bake about 45 min at 350 degrees until fork pierces pumpkin easily. Remove from oven, let cool. Scrape pumpkin from skin. Save pumpkin in 2 cups per freezer bag or use fresh in pumpkin bread or pie.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease pans.
2. Melt coconut oil and set aside to cool.
3. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cloves(or pumpkin spice), cinnamon, and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Mix dry ingredients together with wire whip & set aside.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, blend sugar and cooled liquid coconut oil together. Add eggs. Beat. Add pumpkin. Beat together until well blended. Fold in dry ingredients. Mix by hand.
5. Optional: Make it chocolate chip pumpkin bread by topping it with semi-sweet chocolate chips or pecans or mix in slightly.
6. Bake 325 degrees in muffin tins for 20-30 min or 9x5 loaf pan for 65 - 75 minutes.
Tell us what you think and share a photo of your loaf in the comments!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The start of Spring means it’s time for some Spring cleaning! Here are 7 ways to add coconut oil to your cleaning routine for a nontoxic swap in your home.
For International Women's Day, we're shouting out some of our favorite social impact businesses that empower women! Businesses that empower women focus on bringing women out of high-risk situations like trafficking or poverty, encouraging women to be in positions of leadership, providing women with business trainings, and providing educational opportunities.